Corn Caprese Salad:
- 4 ears of corn cut from cob
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes quartered
- 8oz. of mozzarella pearls (or could use any crumbly white cheese: feta, queso blanco)
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- avocado optional for garnish
- you will also need some oil/butter for corn (1-2 tablespoons)
Heat a large skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of butter or oil (I used avocado oil) in pan. Once hot add your corn and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Occasionally, stir your corn letting it get some color on it. Once your corn has browned some, take out of pan & put in serving dish and place in refrigerator to cool down.
Next add your quartered tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, chopped basil to corn once it had time to cool (15 minutes). Toss everything with the lime juice and add a little more salt & pepper here to taste.
That’s it!! If you want to add a sliced avocado on top, it adds a wonderfully buttery texture and taste to this bright, crips salad!
The Perfect Chicken or Pork Marinade:
- 1/2 cup of oil of your choice (I use avocado)
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2 T Brown Sugar
- 1 T wine vinegar (or white or ACV if you’re out of wine vinegar)
- 1/2 t grated ginger (or you can sub dried)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
Mix all ingredient together and pour over meat. Allow to marinate at least an hour or 2. Then grill or roast! Enjoy!
Please leave a comment if you try either of these recipes and let me know how it turned out or if you made any changes!!